Friday, July 8, 2011

An Open Letter to Baby John

Dear Puddin',

First, your dad and I love you more than words could ever express.  Second, I'm sorry that your nickname is puddin'.  I came up with it when I was trying to calm you from crying and instead of saying "buddy" I said "puddin'."  It was an honest mistake and one I haven't quite lived down yet.  I almost always call you by your first name but once in awhile Puddin' slips out.  Now that you are getting older, that nickname seems less and less fitting.

You're slowing growing into a little boy, and at times it's hard for me to watch.  My once cuddly, happy to be in mom's arms little guy is becoming independent.  Heck, just a few weeks ago you began to hold your own bottle with little assistance from anyone.  I'm so proud of you for each and every milestone you reach but there's a part of me that wants to hold on to that little baby who depended on me for everything.

Thank you for teaching daddy and I how to love greater, to grow in patience and to give of ourselves like we never could have imagined.  You inspire us daily with your determination.  Your smile lights up our day and your laugh is infectious.  You were created in love and you are loved so very much. 

I love you,

Love,
Mom