Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Milestone Moment

This morning was an "early" day.  During the summer, my mom is watching my son three days a week.  Some of those days I drive down to her house (about 35 minutes away depending on traffic).  On these early days, I'm up and out of the house with the little guy by 5:30 a.m.  As I was making my coffee, the husband heard the baby starting to get fussy.  When he went in to get him up, my son was sitting up looking around and checking out the scenario.  How cool is that?  My only guess is that the sitting up will progress to standing and eventually climbing out of his own crib.  Everyone has told me that babies grow up fast and I see it more and more every day.

He has gone from tiny little peanut.......



.......to big 'ole baby in the blink of an eye.

It cracks me up because every stage that he has hit has been the "best" stage. When he started to coo, I thought he was in the best stage. He went from cooing to rolling over, from rolling over to sitting up and now, I'm "positive" he's in the best stage - getting ready to crawl.

I wish I could stop time for a little while each day so that I could truly appreciate each and every moment with him.  Me and the husband's lives have never been the same from the moment he was born, but you know what?  That's the best part!